This workshop aims at bringing together both the communities working on (Micro) Nanomechanics and (Micro) Nanofluidics, to discuss new research directions that are arising within such a promising interdisciplinary field.
The most important players in the field will review their achievements in Suspended Micro/Nano-channel Resonators (SMR, SNR), as well as other relevant Nanomechanical systems and Nanofluidics platforms.
The program of NFNM will comprise two half days of talks and a poster session. Contributions from PhD students and Post-Docs for the poster session are warmly encouraged.
IMPORTANT LATE NEWS:
Talk schedule was slightly modified, please check it out in the Program page.
Venue of second day was changed, please check it out in the Venue page.
- Design, fabrication and characterization of SMR/SNR
- Coupling of mechanical vibrations
- New developments in micro/nanofluidics
- New developments in micro/nanomechanics
- Chemical and biological applications
- Anja BOISEN (DTU – DEN)
- Thomas BURG (MPI – GER)
- Jan EIJKEL (UTWENTE – NED)
- Scott MANALIS (MIT – USA)
- Philippe RENAUD (EPFL – SWI)
- Guillermo VILLANUEVA (EPFL – SWI)
- Dalziel WILSON (IBM, SWI)
Thanks to the sponsorship of Politecnico di Torino and Compagnia di San Paolo, attending the workshop will be free of charge.